You are here
Students, be future ready!
AVS is introducing FUSION: a new middle school program that offers a blended learning environment incorporating the benefits of a teacher and classroom structure with the flexibility of online courses. This unique learning approach will provide students with essential tools for our ever-changing world.
Open to full-time enrolled Grade 6-8 students, FUSION is a blend of online-based studies with two days a week in a classroom setting.
- Online courses in Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, English, PE, Technology, Languages
- A team of dedicated teachers working in a technology-rich environment
- Two days of on-site instruction per week throughout the school year
- Small class sizes
- Hands-on learning & technology-supported
- Optimal project-based learning that reflects the new BC Curriculum
- Students must have their own laptop
- Must be committed to attending all on-site classes and field trips
- Demonstrated interest in technology such as virtual reality, coding, littleBits, 3D printing
- Academically motivated and work well independently
- Must be able to create, communicate and collaborate in group settings
- Capable of working in a flexible multi-grade learning environment
- Ability to maintain effective daily schedule for learning in the home environment
- Active participation in an extracurricular physical activity and arts program
There are no fees for students.
Registration begins March 1st, 2017. Open House is May 15th from 1 pm to 4:30 pm. Space is limited and formal acceptance will be based upon an interview.
Contact the school for more information.