You are here
Elementary & Middle Programs
Online and onsite learning opportunities for K-8 students.
Abbotsford Virtual School offers optional classes for our fully enrolled students to enrich and enhance their learning! Our classes offer our students opportunities to participate in hands-on learning activities in a group setting. Students have participated in a wide range of activities appropriate to their grade and developmental level, focusing especially on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) based explorations.
- Offered on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 9:30 - 12:00
- Classes offered seven weeks per term
- Duration: (2 1/2 hours per class)
- Choose from grade groupings (K-2, 3-5, 6-8)
- Classes include PE and Fine Arts activities in addition to a focus on STEM activities
- Learning is enhanced by the opportunity to access technology, both “low tech” and “high tech”, such as iPads, hand tools, Keva blocks, Little Bits and the 3D printer
- Students have the opportunity to work both within the whole group and in small group settings, as well as individually
AVS is introducing FUSION: a new middle school program that offers a blended learning environment incorporating the benefits of a teacher and classroom structure with the flexibility of online courses. This unique learning approach will provide students with essential tools in an ever-changing world. Open to full-time enrolled Grade 6-8 students, FUSION is a blend of online-based studies with two days a week in a classroom setting. Learn more
Additional learning opportunities:
- Educational Field Trips (please note that parents are required to accompany their children)
- School gatherings and group celebrations
- Skating Days
- Individual Tutorial support in specific support areas
- Access to Educational Resource Allotment (if enrolled by Sept 30th)
Contact one of our K-8 staff for more detailed information.